Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dear Ms Collins



To my dear high school English teacher Ms Collins: I know I was by far your worst pupil - thank you for everything, especially your unbelievable patience. Please know the curse you placed on me some 40 years ago is alive and well. I read, and write, and re-read, re-write, and read more... I'm twice the writer you thought I would be and only half the writer I wish to be.

I crossed a new threshold - figured out I'm at 150 pages read/researched for every page of writing - that ratio will surely climb soon. I don't even want to consider how many of those pages have been re-read (at least once!)  The book stack "to read" now sits idling at 9 not accounting for pdf docs and journal reports... and then there is the wretched little reading list save eyeglasses on my mac laptop, it tallies 103!

So many words, so few great apes - ergh!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment