Thursday, March 4, 2010

Picturing Pat Metheny

Pat Metheny is a rare and unique creator. His creations are through music. The initial response is to call him a guitarist - but that has always missed the mark - he is a musician in the fullest sense of the concept. He says, "the result is absolutely nothing like I ever would have imagined" - YES! That is why we create! His latest creation is "Orchestrion" - best described by Metheny in this video clip. I post it here because a) I think he is one of the finest creators ever and I want to share that, and b) because he does what I strive to do as a creator, particularly focused in Orchestrion, and that is create, push the seams, stretch beyond where I and others have gone. Simply - to imagine! Enjoy Orchestrion -



More About Orchestrion Here

No comments:

Post a Comment